Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Keynote

I am so very clever, or so I thought. I snagged a seat in the front row directly across from the podium so that I would have an unobstructed view of BigGulp's intro and Chris Larsen's keynote speech. My seat for viewing th e humans was great but for viewing the presentation slides... not so great!

The keynote was about how Prosper came about and the recent changes to the site. You all know the changes that took place on the site Sunday night, so I won't go into them here.

Anyway, here are the pics I took of BigGulp and Chris Larsen and the slides.

Gulp said he a bit nervous before but he came across as being very comfortable and funny. Great job!



There was a little technical glitch when someone from the press plugged in something they shouldn't have and blew some of the power. Chris lost his mic and had to speak very loudly for a bit. He also lost the screens for the slide show. He remained very cool, calm and collected while technicians crawled around behind the stage while they fixed the problem. Chris barely missed a beat.



The presentation slides follow in the next post. Sorry about the weird angles.